Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Projects Update


After a full week with the dreads, they are looking much tighter and I have a little less of the Sideshow Bob look going. They are still quite a bit of work, but hey, it's summer.

Also, my reupholstering project is complete!

Before and after photos are so dramatic! I'm taking this lovely new chair into my office Sunday. I also have big plans for the filing cabinets that I got from the warehouse. They are in good shape but oh so ugly!

Summer strings camp starts on Monday and I am super excited to get to work with our "concert" middle school group! It's been a long time since I got to work with the little guys and I think we'll have fun. Of course I'll have them make stand tags so I don't have to call them "hey you" all week, and I have some fun prizes to hand out for answering questions right and such. Tomorrow I'll be doing a lot of photocopying in my room to get parts ready.

In completely unrelated news, my big toe that I broke at orchestra contest on April 30th is now pretty much healed! That is a whole story I didn't post on the blog because everyone I know on Facebook found out there. But it's icky. Really icky. Open fracture, purple bruising, you name it. But the important thing is, I still went on stage. Barefoot.

The toe has healed just in time for my favorite festival-The Roswell UFO Festival! As usual I'll be going in costume. This year it will be E.T. There's also a light parade this year, so I need to make sure E.T.'s finger and heart are glowing at full capacity! I have my campground reservations booked and my events planned. Perhaps I'll find myself a nice, young, handsome conspiracy theorist.

Also, if you haven't seen the movie Super 8 yet, go! It's a great flick. It's like Stand By Me, The Goonies, E.T., and Close Encounters of the Third Kind all rolled into one, with some flavor of the first X-Files Movie thrown in (think government conspiracies and transporting top-secret materials on midnight trains.) The whole thing was well-done and there were some great nods to Spielberg's alien classics in there, as well as a pretty good score.

Stay tuned for more summer projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...