Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wordle Classroom Posters


I have been thinking a lot about decorating my classroom and how to go about it. Since I was hired so late before last year started, I didn't have any time to plan anything. So, at the end of this school year I had the kids help me take EVERYTHING off of the walls so I can start over fresh. Once I get all the posters ordered I'm considering having a decorating party so the kids can have some say in where some of the stuff goes-but there will be a student board in the room for sure and a designated space to display student work.

We're required to post the rules to our classroom. Rehearsal etiquette is boring in a list, so I used some inspiration I found on Pinterest* and Wordle** to create a succession of posters that will display the rules (plus one inspirational thing I liked). Some of these have multiple conceptions; different colors, layouts, etc. I'll need to pick one of each. Let me know what you think! The plan is to upload them to someplace like VistaPrint or Zazzle and have them made into big posters.

*Fair warning: Pinterest is addictive. Highly so. But also amazing.
**Wordle is almost as addictive. Use at your own risk.












3 comments:

  1. Love them all! Seriously. I like #1, #3, #5, and #8, if you want my opinion. The last two I like equally, so it just depends on which orientation you need, whether you want them all landscape or a mix of landscape and portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to keep them all landscape. That way I can line them up together. The only one that will be different is "we can do difficult things", and that one will likely be much bigger and go in a completely different place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How were you able to get strings of words to stay together?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...