Friday, October 14, 2011

Sofa 3.0

The free sofa I scored back in August has been upgraded again.  The lady who I got it from found one of the seat cushions, so I took it down to our local fabrics and foam store and had them cut a duplicate.  Then, I used extra material from the original cover and some upholstery fabric from Hobby Lobby and sewed new covers for the cushions.  Here is sofa 3.0:


As you can see, the cushions are a little uneven since one is brand new and the other is old.  Also, the cats have taken it over.  There's not much point in me even trying to sit on it.

I also decided to finally put up curtains in the living room.  I think they really class up the joint, don't you?



As you can see, I also put up some Halloween decorations recently, because I love Halloween.



I'm quite proud of my outside decorations.  My scarecrows have a reputation for scaring the pizza guy. Last weekend, though, they managed to scare some religious folks distributing pamphlets on Saturday morning. I felt kind of bad, but then realized that these people did wake me up, and while I know their intentions are good, I'm quite secure in my own faith, thank you very much.






Now, for those of you following All My Kittens, an update!  Both are doing quite well and have taken to making lots of noise in the room where they are living.  It's a good thing White Cat and Moe are deaf.

I finally got the opportunity to check, and LJ is not, as previously thought, a boy.  The Kitten Formerly Known as LJ is becoming cuddly and will let me pick her up and hold her.  Mac still believes that I am the devil incarnate.  Her emails and Facebook posts are kind of rude, too.

Anyway, LJ needs a new name.  Suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...